4 Roma Ave Kensington NSW 2033
T: 9663 1070
F: 9313 6348
Fr Alo Lamere msc
Maria Caetano (Mon-Fri 9am-1pm)
OLR Parish History
Our Lady of the Rosary (OLR) Parish Kensington was originally part of the Randwick Parish and became a separate Parish in 1906 under the care of the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart. The parish then included what is now Daceyville Parish, taking in the area of South Kensington or Kingsford as we now know it.
The parish itself is not extensive in area, but it is important to note that there are several significant features:-
There are two Catholic Schools within the Parish, Our Lady of the Rosary Primary School and OLSH College - High School for Year 7-12.
The MSC Monastery, accommodating priests and brothers.
The OLSH Convent, also accommodating the OLSH sisters.
There are two other religious communities, the DLS Brothers and the RSCJ Sisters.
Other significant features on the map within the boundaries of OLR are the University of NSW, the Australian Golf Club and Randwick Race Course.
Parish Priests and Administrators over the year
1906-1907 Fr Edward Nouyoux msc
1907-1910 Fr Regis Courbon msc
1910-1912 Fr Edward Nouyoux msc
1912-1913 Fr Matthew Smith msc
1914-1916 Fr Michael Kirby
1917-1918 Fr John Peoples
1918-1964 Monsignor E McAuliffe assisted by Fr McMaugh & Fr O'Meara
1964-1984 Fr Luigi Tosi
1985-1987 Fr Robert Mitchell msc
1988-1994 Fr Bede North msc
1995-1995 Fr Peter Hearn msc
1995-1997 Fr P Malone msc assisted by Parish Administrator Sr Helen Armstrong fdnsc
1998-2001 Fr Barry Brundell msc assisted by Parish Administrator Sr Laureen Dixon rsc
2002-2007 Fr Chris Murphy msc
2004-2005 Assistant Priest Fr Paul Browne msc
2007-2009 Assistant Priest Fr Tan van Nguyen msc
2008-2013 Fr Peter Robinson msc
2013-Current Fr Alo Lamere msc