Interested in becoming a Catholic?
Sacraments For Children
What, when and how to go about it?
Jump in and join our youth group (Yrs 7-10)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Dear friends, thank you for your generous support last week with the purchase of my music. SISTER MARIA – VERBUM DEL MISSIONARIES.
Our 2018 Confirmation program commences 18th March at 10.45am. If you would like your child to participant in the Sacrament, please register online at http://olrkensington.org.au or contact the Parish Office for further details. The Ceremony will take place at St Mary’s Cathedral on 27th May in the presence of Bishop Umbers.
Signup sheets for Easter Masses are available on the notice board in the church foyer.
We will be celebrating Easter this year with another egg-hunt for the children on Easter Sunday. If you would like to donate eggs, we are asking for bags of small solid eggs please. Donations can be left in the Easter Bag in the foyer of the church. Thank you for your generosity.
Music Rehearsals 7.30pm every Tuesday night leading up to Holy Week | All welcomed to join. For further details contact: Johanes 0431 019 146.
Sisters of Charity Outreach, based at St Vincent’s Hospital, is seeking casual drivers for its Country Care Link program. Drivers must have their own fully comprehensively insured vehicle and volunteers can receive a kilometer allowance for trips undertaken. For enquiries phone 8382 6430 or Jo Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want you, we want you, we want you as a New Recruit! No, not for the Navy, but for the Parish!!
The Safeguarding Office of the Archdiocese of Sydney has recently launched an initiative to recruit Parish Safeguarding Support Officers (PSSO) to support the Parish Priest to implement proactive Safeguarding measures to ensure safe environments for children, young people and the vulnerable in Parish communities. The PSSO may already be an employee or volunteer in the Parish but the role is on a volunteer basis only.
The ways in which the PSSO could support and assist the Parish Priest:
• Providing Safeguarding induction to all workers and training to volunteers of the Parish who work with children, including reading and signing of the Code of Conduct for Working With Children and Young People
• Raising awareness of Safeguarding in your Parish
• Creating Risk Assessments for Parish events/activities
• Responding to Safeguarding audit and compliance requirements
• Reporting any issues or concerns that come to your attention according to Archdiocesan protocols
• Monitoring the Visiting Clergy Register in line with current protocols
• Any other Safeguarding issues as requested by the Parish Priest
For more information about this important support role, please speak with your Parish Priest to express your interest in becoming the Parish Safeguarding Support Officer.